Officer for Partnerships
The Proteus Fund is a grant making foundation committed to advancing justice through democracy, human rights and peace. We partner with individual donors and foundations to achieve their goals, through strategy development, research and fund management. Proteus is known for tailored grant making initiatives that are responsive, have high impact and integrate support for lobbying activity. Our work advances issues at the leading edge of democracy and social change.
To build the Proteus Fund’s Partnership Team, Proteus Fund seeks an Officer for Partnerships to develop and manage an outreach and engagement program for funding partners. This person reports to the Director of Partnerships and works closely with other members of the Partnership Team, which includes two other Officer for Partnerships positions, a Major Gifts Officer, and Proteus Fund staff.
This position is responsible for managing overall partnership development and outreach efforts to engage funding partners. Specifically, the Officer will lead the development efforts for the Piper Fund which works to build a movement to address money’s influence on politics.
Develop and Manage Partnership Outreach and Engagement Plans for Funding Partners
- Lead annual partnership development and outreach plans for the Piper Fund
- Track and monitor progress toward plan goals
- Conduct prospect research and develop cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for foundation funding partners
- Maintain partnership development database and recordkeeping systems, including hard copy and electronic files, calendars and recordkeeping spreadsheets
- Track proposal and reporting deadlines and monitor partnership development work plans for Proteus Fund programs.
- Meet with foundation program officers to discuss their needs related to proposal or report documentation, as needed.
- Integrate the individual major donor work into the overall development plan by coordinating with the Major Gifts Officer on cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies with individual donor funding partners.
Proposal/Report Writing, Production and Submission
- Write, edit and submit proposal packages and grant reports to donors and funders, including the preparation of required attachments.
- Work with Director of Finance and Administration and program staff to develop budget and report presentations for current and prospective funding partners.
- Write and edit promotional materials for assigned programs.
- Write, produce and distribute mailings and other correspondence, including invitations to funder briefings, which may be sent via e-blast or snail mail.
- Write, produce and update content for the Proteus Fund web site and print materials.
- Review and execute grant agreements and acknowledgement of grants from foundations and individual donors.
- Manage development schedules and weekly priorities for programmatic areas of responsibility.
- Help plan and implement special events for foundation partners.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and development of materials and follow-up for special events.
Branding and Communication
- Assist in development of new and lead the stewardship of existing branded identities for assigned programs, according to established guidelines.
- Coordinate graphic design and print work for assigned programs.
- Maintain mailing lists and development contact lists.
- Coordinate the production, design, and distribution of marketing and promotional materials.
- Participate in the general administration of Proteus Fund. Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend other meetings as needed or requested.
- Participate on the Partnership Team.
- Participate or lead monthly partnership calls for each program.
- Upon request, provide assistance with writing, editing, and proofreading for promotional or other materials.
- Participate in Proteus Fund special events or projects as needed or requested.
- Additional duties of similar complexity will occasionally be required.
Director of Partnerships
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Work generally occurs Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Additional hours and occasional travel required.
Proteus Fund offers competitive salary and benefits, including four weeks of paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, health insurance, dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k participation, employer contribution to a retirement plan, and other benefits.
Preferred Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years of experience in philanthropy,fundraising,communications or relevant management-level position.
- Candidates will have background and experience in development/fundraising management with a successful track record of raising support from national foundations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills required. Excellent organizational skills are also required.
- Strong computer literacy skills are required as well, including experience working with Donor Perfect or similar fundraising database, and experience with web-based communications tools including email campaign clients, such as Constant Contact, and experience working with a CMS website client such as Drupal.
- Qualified candidates will demonstrate an ability to work independently and manage a heavy workload with multiple projects, willingness to function in a setting a team setting in a fast- paced environment; ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment.
Proteus Fund believes that one of the great strengths of the community is the rich diversity of its residents and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental handicap, whistleblower status, or any other category protected by state or federal law.
Proteus Fund’s policies and practices are to reflect Proteus Fund’s commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment.
Proteus Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THE PROTEUS FUND
15 Research Drive, Suite B
Amherst, MA 01002
Tel. 413.256.0349 Fax 413.256.3536